About Whale Watcher House
One of Newfoundland's prime locations for Whales, Icebergs, Birds and Hiking
Situated on the ocean's-edge, overlooking the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve, this extraordinary series of vacation rentals offer one of the most spectacular locations for visitors on the Irish Loop. The location and the panoramic views from the private decks are second to none on the Avalon. The Puffin, the Loon and the Gannet - are each independent apartments, each with their own decks, each with their own views. Each apartment is fully equipped, with linens, towels and kitchenware. Each has its own BBQ. The owners lives in the fourth unit within the premises. each unit offers the utmost in privacy.
The Whale Watcher House Apartments allow convenient access to the capital city (45 kms), as well as to other major points of interest on the Irish Loop: Mistaken Point, Ferryland and Bay Bulls. Access to the East Coast Trail is literally just outside our door. The whales will be under your deck when in season! The otters will be down below -- and I hope they stay there! The eagles, tho' not always visible, nonetheless pay us a tree-top perch every now and then. The murres, kittiwakes, gulls and puffins - hundreds of thousands of puffins - all frequent the islands of the Reserve - located just offshore from the Whale Watcher House.
Newly renovated, this sweet edge-of-the-ocean perch, provides very comfortable accommodation for a variety of clientele:
- You are local and you want a getaway for an anniversary, a wedding night, a celebration, a place to enjoy that bottle of champagne in a setting that is romantic – and unique….and still close to the capital city!
- You are travelers – visiting Newfoundland for the first time, or the 100th time – and you want that “sleep on the ocean-edge feeling” – yet still be situated close to the capital city; you want a setting that speaks of all that you have heard about Newfoundland – with access to whales, icebergs, birds, hiking, and so on.
- You are taken with our newest UNESCO Heritage Site at Mistaken Point – as amateurs or as professionals – and like the idea of this being one of your day trips. Remember to book if you want to visit the actual Mistaken Point site. It will be busy.
- You are a hiker, and you have heard about our East Coast Trail and like the idea of getting up each day and hiking from the front door.
- You are a whale watcher - you and the kids – and enjoy the fact that they are often just outside your deck...or worse cane you travel the very short distance from your flat on the ocean to Bay Bulls and Witless Bay where there are a myriad of whale boat operators.
- You are a kayaker – and whether it is Cape Broyle, or Witless Bay, or Bay Bulls – all less than 20 minutes away, or you have your own shells and need go just up the road to the harbour at Bauline to put your kayaks in the water.
Access is easy - doors are coded... arrive when you want. Once a booking is confirmed and down payment taken, guests will be given their check-in instructions for their unit. Seamless, convenient and easy.
Note from Owner:
I am hastening to add a BLOG to this site so i can share with you things of a media and tourism nature....but we are not ready to upload yet.
Anthony Bourdain shoots episode in Newfoundland.
I include a preview here so that you can judge for yourself if the celebrity chef liked Newfoundland! We mourn his loss to the world of travel. https://www.eater.com/2018/5/10/17336128/parts-unknown-newfoundland-preview-anthony-bourdain