The Gannet StudioView Availability Calendar
- (Note: Just above this text you will see "View Availability Calendar" ... go ahead - view your dates, and book on line. If your interest is in combining The Gannet with The Puffin to create a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment - go ahead and book both...and I will adjust your price to reflect a two-bedroom rate of $205.)
The Whale Watcher House, 40 minutes south of St. John's, is situated right on the ocean's edge - overlooking the islands of the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve. It is one of the best locations on the Avalon to take in whale watching; bird watching - including the puffins, kittiwakes, Leach's storm-petrels, and common murres; from time to time eagles; and, in late spring, those majestic icebergs.
- The Gannet is a studio apartment encompassing the bedroom, kitchen and sitting area (Don't forget to check out the floor plan - it's in the "Gallery" page on this website.) We have added a pretty deck which affords private outdoor space, and a partial view of the ocean. (I hasten to add that the whole of the Whale Watcher House is all about the views! There are lots of common areas to sit, with a book, or with your binoculars, and take it all in!)
- Queen size bed
- Bathroom with over-sized shower
- Kitchen area with microwave, fridge, toaster, coffee machine, induction burner, etc.
- All kitchen amenities – pots, pans, dishes, etc.
- All linen amenities – sheets and towels
- Dining area with table, 2 chairs
- Two armchairs
- Outside sitting area with your own BBQ
- Wireless internet
- Iron and board
- Clothes hooks for drying hikers' garb
- Plenty of parking
LITTLE THINGS – blankets for evening wraps; Ferryland's famed Colony of Avalon ; Maggie the black lab – not my dog, but of the “please love me, scratch me, feed me variety’; most helpful neighbour Jerry – former whale boat operator, current part-time boat builder, builder of the Whale Watcher House, and owner of Maggie; Catholic Church with sweet Sunday service (R.C.); sheep on the island across the water – they talk to you every day; sunrises that move your soul, heal your heart, and render you useless to anything but coffee and more of the same!)
(Open one of the photos below and then scroll through interior photos for this unit; same with the exterior - open one and it will allow you to scroll through several additional photos.)